Pages

Thursday 22 June 2017

               Procedure Scaffold

Monday

Title:
Skittle Rainbows
Aim:
To try and make the skittles turn into a rainbow effect
Hypothesis:
My hypothesis is that the skittles will burst and colour will droop down the plate as the warm water is poured over top The color is going to come off the skittles and color the water.

Equipment:
  • Skittles (10)
  • Warm water (1 Cup)
  • 1 plate














Tuesday
Method:
Step 1:We tipped the skittles out of the packet.Step 2 Then we spread the skittles around the edge of the dinner plate.Stage 3 Then we poured hot water on it.Stage 4 Then wait for about 30 sec and then the color from the skittles would have gone into the middle like a circle rainbow.
Results: What happened? Why? How?
The h20 was poured over the skittles and the color started faiting and the shells started coming off the skittles and floated in the h20 and the color started coming into the middle of the plate.  







Wednesday

Conclusion:
It went bad because it turned out just going all brown and red

Next time we should put the same color in lines so that red would be in a line purple yellow and all the other colors.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Thom!

    This is a great start to your first procedure scaffold in our writing team. Thank you for your honest opinion about the experiment, I think we can always try it again later on in the year. I cannot wait to see more of your experiment writing. What experiment would you like to do next?? Miss Sutherland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Thom, I love science and so I really enjoyed seeing your scaffold about your science experiment. Your idea of putting the Skittles into a line is great and I would love to know if you try this at home and what happens? Next time if you take the blank spaces out of your writing it would make your blog post easier to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Kia ora Thom, I have been reworking my comment and think that I have made it better.
      I love science and so I really enjoyed seeing your scaffold about your science experiment because it means I can also try out this experiment . Your idea of putting the Skittles into a line is great, did you know the colouring of the skittles is heavier than water and so will sink to the bottom of the container if the water remains still. I would love to know if you tried this at home and what happens? Next time if you take the blank spaces out of your writing it would make your blog post easier to read.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.