Pages

Friday 24 August 2018

Class trip to the landfill centre

On Wednesday my class went on a trip to the eco shop and landfill centre. First, we went into a room and someone taught us different mechanical parts in the landfill centre and how they work. Here are some things I learnt aluminium is not attracted to magnets and Christchurch dump can process 25 ton per hour and it takes Timaru dump 1 day to process 25 ton. After learning all of this we went back in the bus and drove towards another part of the dump. When we were on the bus there were boxes that had names on them like cardboard, plastic and glass and we had to remember at least three of them. After that, we went to the eco shop and we would pretend we had 500$ and we would buy stuff that we would use in an apartment. Then we went back to school.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Thom, I am Ben from Waikowhai Primary. It is really interesting to see you guys learning about the environment. We were learning about the environment just last term. Maybe next time you could include some pictures on what you did. If you want to check out my blog it is; http://wpsbenl.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thom, I'm Jasmine from Waikowhai Primary school.That sounds really cool. Maybe next time you could add some photos from your trip. I remember when we made a house from some recycle wood and showed it at the art show. If you would like to have a look at my blog here is the link
    http://wpsjasminew.blogspot.com/
    King regards.
    Jasmine.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.