Pages

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Ki-o-rahi


On Friday some of my class went to a Ki-o-Rahi tournament. Gilberthorpes, Hornby primary and South Hornby were the other schools that competed in the tournament. I enjoyed it but I was confused where the outline was because everyone kept on running way out of the circle that we were meant to be playing in. There were about 8 teams in the tournament. My team won two games drew one and lost one. If you don't know what Ki-o-Rahi is it is a game with a small ball, and the aim of the game is to try him the poles which are called po's and then bank the points that you scored by hitting the po's. If you are kioma you bank your points by getting a try and if you are tanipha you bank your points by throwing the ball at the tupue which is a barrel in the middle of the field which is being protected by two people on the other team. So Ki-o-Rahi is a confusing game but when you get the hang of it it is really fun.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Thom, my name is Richard I go to Waikowhai Primary School. I really liked how you described what you did there and the teams you vs. I also liked how you used full sentences. This reminds me of when we did Ki-o-rahi at my school it was so fun. Next time you could tell us the teams you lost, won against, and drawed with. Check out my blog at http://wpsrichardm.blogspot.co.nz/2017/03/welcome.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard this is Thom.
      When did you do Ki-o-rahi? and did you win?
      Thanks for commenting on my blog

      Delete
  2. Hi my name Thomas from Kawakawa primary school I like the way you had lots of sportsmanship Next time maybe make a video instead because to watch happen in your game Hope you enjoy my feed back and feed forward Please check blog later http://kpsthomass.blogspot.com/ Bye

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.