Pages

Friday 24 August 2018

Speeches

Last week my class wrote speeches. For my topic I did technology is making people lazy. First, we would do our speech in front of the class, then three people from each year group would go into the final to do it in front of the school. I got into the final. After we had done our speeches the judge would give out 1st, 2nd and 3rd certificates. I came 1st which I was happy about because I had worked hard on my speech. When I was doing my speech I didn't care too much about what position I was going to come because I had already done well getting into the final. It was hard to get lots of facts for my speech especially because my speech was about technology making people lazy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Thom,

    Congratulations on coming 1st in the Year 5 School Speech Competition. Your speech was interesting with some great ideas and you delivered it with confidence and enthusiasm. I think that technology is beginning to make some people lazy because I remember as a child having to get up to change the channel and now I just stay seated and change the channel with the remote. What Technology do you think most people rely on the most?
    I look forward to your next blog post.
    Mrs Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.