Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

P.A.L training at lincoln events centre

Hi bloggers, today I am going to be telling you about the awesome time I had at Lincoln events center. So P.A.L is a group of people who try get lots of people involved and having a good time by playing fun games. But obviously we needed training because we couldn't just play basketball, football and other things, because the people in charge of Canterbury sports wanted us to do other games or even make up our own games. When we got to the place there were about 5 other schools all in different areas. We were put in different colour groups, Yaldhurst (us) and another school called Mother of victory's were team green so we would be doing all the activities together. The first thing we did was adapting a game. We got a sheet with an example on it and then we adapted the game into a more fun ,competitive game. That was really fun but also a bit hard. Next we moved onto designing a game. This was really hard because it had to be something that wasn't going to get anyone hurt, and to be honest me and my friends aren't very good at that. We ended up making a game like cricket that was pretty confusing. After that we moved onto creating a PALs vision and programme. For this we had to get out or books and write what our vision is for PAL, so we thought about what we wanted to happen and how we wanted to get everyone involved. When it was time to leave I had thought about how much of a great time I had,  so if you get the chance to be in PAL try it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.