Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Sailing

On friday the 2nd my class Rimu went sailing. I also wrote a recount about it which is below.

Sailing.
On friday I had one of the most fun days of my life.
On friday Rimu class went sailing at Lake Rua.
After we had gone on the bus and we turned up at lake Rua I saw lots of boats and over to the right had been sailes.
Before we started sailing one of the helpers had talked us through how to build up the boat. They had taught us how to put the sail in the boat and how to put the sail up. Then he had taught us how to tie the rope into a hard not so the rope wouldnt go out of the hook. After the helper had taught us how to build up the boat we had had to pick a partner to build up the boat with, I had chosen Zack as my partner. It was fun building up the boat partly because we had to think of how to do some of it ourselves, we had to do this because there had been so much to remember and it was so hard to remember it all. After we had built the boats we got to have a snack while the helpers had been taking the boats to the other side of the lake. After we had had a snack we had had to walk to the otherside of the lake and go towards the boats. The first turns had been pretty easy because it hadn been that windy. On my second turn another boy called Jonathon had bumped into my boat and my boat had nearly capsized. After we had had about 2 turns each we had to walk back to the otherside of the lake to have some lunch.

Next after lunch we had gone to the otherside of the lake again to have more goes at sailing. That time the helpers had let four boats go at once. I knew it was going to be much harder that time because the wind was much more powerful than earlier. When I went my boat nearly capsized again. After I had gone about three times I watched one of my friends go, and just as he had been going well his boat had capsized. One of the helpers had had to go on their lifeguard boat and get him. After him there had been another boy thats boat had capsized, But when the helper came to get him in the lifeguard boat the motor from the boat had gone to close to his leg and he had gotten lots of scratches. He had had to go home.

After I had had about 12 turns we had had to go back onto the bus and go back to school.
Zack and I  had both said we had a great time !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.