Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Area & perimeter

Hi bloggers this is Thom, today I am going to tell you about what we have been doing in maths recently. So last week we started an exciting topic in maths called Area and Perimeter.  So to get the area of something you have to cut the shape into even shapes so if it were a square you would just halve it and then you figure out the length of two of the lines in that shape. After that you times them by each other and you do that for every shape, finally you add up all the numbers and that is you're area. When I was doing this I got a bit confused with one of the shapes but I kept going so I ended answering it.

Here is a photo from one of the slides.


1 comment:

  1. Thom, I like the way you approach problem solving, you don't give up and always try to work the problems out. Well done. Dad

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.