Pages

Monday 27 May 2019

awesome embedded clauses

Kia ora bloggers, have you ever heard of Embedded clauses? Well if you haven't don't worry because today I am going to tell you what they are! So today in class we have been doing lots of different types of punctuation in different writing groups and in my group we did embedded clauses. At the start I didn't get it but then once I read the instructions I found it really easy.

So for Embedded clauses you go like this. Say there was a sentence that went like The boat which was sinking had a humongous hole if you write like that it is wrong, this is the right way to write it The boat, which was sinking, had a humongous hole. If you want to see more examples look at the canva I made below.









2 comments:

  1. hi my name is jaylim from pt England school i must say this is a real fascinating piece of work but i am still confused on what your doing can you help me? keep up the grate work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thom, this is great information I can use it at work. Mum has some Embedded Clauses for me at home, like doing the dishes and cleaning the bathroom. Maybe you next blog could advise me on that...
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.