Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

We did a marathon!

Kia ora bloggers, Ever heard of Rod Dixon, Well if you haven't he was a person from NZ, Nelson who won the bronze medal at the 1983 NYC marathon. It is really cool since we're such a small country and yet we did super well in such a big thing.

So at our school we decided to do a marathon, Not all at once, but in different parts. So every Monday, Wednesday and Friday we would run 3 laps around our field, which is over a km. In the end it all added up to a whole marathon, so yesterday we did the final three laps of the marathon and all the people who don't do it were cheering us on.

Not everyone signed up for marathon because it may not sound like much just doing a bit over a km every second day but you actually need quite a bit of commitment to finish it. So I decided to do it because it sounded like a lot of fun and I like exercise. 

In the end we got a medal each, which was really cool, and a certificate. You should try do some exercise too because it may sound all boring and that but if you put your mind to it you can have a lot of fun.




1 comment:

  1. Awesome Thom!! Your Grandad Sweeney used to talk about Rod Dixon heaps. Grandad was a big fan of running and athletics! X Aunty B

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.