Pages

Thursday 19 September 2019

Pie Corbett? Valerie Bloom?

Hello bloggers, Incase you don't know who these people are, They are famous poets. Recently in my class we have been doing a poetry workbook and doing a lot of things based on poetry. It has been really fun since we have got to read lots of awesome poems.

After we did lots of work based on these guess what we got to do... We got to write our own poems!
I know right, Awesome! Anyway we had to choose who our poem was inspired by, Valerie Bloom, Or Pie Corbett. I think they are both great but I chose Pie Corbett and based my poem on a poem he write called ´Playground Monster´. I chose this poem because it is very descriptive and uses lots of personification. My poem as called Ice, and obviously it is about Ice, its uses lots of description and I think it is quite good so I´ll show you. Here it is hope you enjoy:)

                                                                  Ice, By Thom.
Ice,Ice always nice unless you eat a slice.
Ice, Ice never warm, but you can always change it´s form.
Ice, Ice looks strong, But with too much weight, it won´t last long.
Ice, Ice, You can flee, but it won´t be long before it eats you for tea.
Ice, Ice, With its fellow friend snow, you can eat it, Just not when its yellow!

Ice, Ice always pure, Unless you mess with it, then it´ll make you pay for sure.

I really hoped you liked my poem, Thanks for looking at my blog!

2 comments:

  1. I like Pie do you?
    And I like corbett do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Zack stop doing silly comments

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.