Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Home learning (solar eclipse)

Kia ora bloggers, Today for my home learning blog I decided to do it on if there was a solar eclipse that never ended so there was no sun. Me and my Dad discussed lots of ideas, here they are. First of all the obvious thing is that it would always be dark but also plants wouldn't grow and plants are important because plants produce oxygen and if there are no plants there would be a lot less oxygen and we need oxygen to breath. Plus things like potatoes and corn wouldn't grow so we wouldn't be able to eat them. Also if grass didn't grow then cows wouldn't have anything to eat and would eventually die so we wouldn't be able to have meat, milk or lots of other dairy products.

Then solar panels wouldn't work if there was no sun so no TV for people who use solar panels and no hot water. The sun heats the planet so we discussed the hoover dam and if the rivers or lakes froze the dam couldn't make power, me and my family have been to dams around Cromwell and Twizel so that will happen here in New Zealand because there are dams in New zealand. It would be dark all day so you wouldn't be able to play sports you love. It would make you sad if it was dark all day because you wouldn't be able to enjoy things you like doing like sports or going to the beach.

When its dark its cold so there would be no summer time so no nice sunny days at the beach.
You wouldn't be able to go boating because you wouldn't be able to see anything and you would probably end up crashing.
You wouldn't get some of the amazing views around the world because it would just be black. Places like Fiji and Hawaii wouldn't have the beautiful sunny days they do so that would mean no nice sunny vacations!!!!



2 comments:

  1. The MOST concerning thing about this Thom, is the fact that we might not be able to use the boat! Great discussion last night.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Thom my name is Zyah From Grey main school I am a year 7 I like your blog post about the solar eclipse I would not like to have no light in our world. would you ?
    Question time: Have you ever been to Fiji or Hawaii?
    whats your favourite colour?
    and why did you do this?
    hope to hear from you again BYEEEEEEEE zyah

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.