Pages

Friday 1 November 2019

Athletics day, OMG!

Kia ora bloggers, Thom here once again.
Today I am going to be blogging about...
AWESOME ATHLETICS DAY. WOO HOO!

The last few times I have been very nervous for athletics but this time I wasn't because I knew I was going to win everything, Na just kidding, I just thought that it doesn't actually matter what place I come, As long as I get to do athletics I have a great time.

So first we did Shot put, Which no offense to shot put lovers but it's my least favourite, But there's no doubt I still like it. So pretty much for the first place was Corbin, Second place Sam & Third place Me!

Next we did Discus. For this first place was Rhys, 2nd place Corbin & Third Sam. I enjoyed discus but its still not one of my favourites.

After that we did Sprints, Hooray because sprints is my favourite. This was the only one I was nervous for because I really wanted to get top 2 because last year I hurt my shoulder badly so I couldn't run that fast so I didn't get into zones. First place in the 60 meter sprint was Me, 2nd place Corbin & 3rd Sam. For the 80 meter first place was Me again, 2nd Corbin & 3rd Sam.

Then we did high jump which I'm not very good at. 1st place was Corbin, 2nd Sam & 3rd Rhys. High jump isn't one of my good activities so I only got 4th.

Finally we did long jump, Which is probably my best one. I was really proud of how long I got for that. 1st place was Me, 2nd place Corbin & 3rd Sam.

In the end I had a really fun athletics day and just incase you forgot the placings here they are below.

(Shot put) 1st Corbin.
(Discus) 1st Rhys.
(60 meter sprint) 1st Me (Thom).
(80 meter sprint) 1st Me (Thom).
(High jump) 1st place Corbin.
(Long jump) 1st place Me (Thom).

Luckily I get to go to zones for: Both sprints, Long Jump & Year 6 relay.
Here is a photo form the athletics relays.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Thom sounds and looks like you really enjoy Athletics day!
    I have no "maybe next time..." because this is a really good post but I do have a question... why did you chose athletics, not to be nosey or anything but why?
    I think you picked athletics because you love sports well thats what I think.

    Elish Lochiel School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Thom sounds and look like fun.

    I have to say you did a pretty good job. I think you picked athletics,because you love sport like me.
    from josh
    lochel school

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.